Friday, April 18, 2014

U-515 Flak Gun Selection

Most of this build would be scratch built, how ever I could not pass up the opportunity to use these Tamiya 1/48 scale armor kits to supply the flak guns. I initially chose to use twin 20 mm mounts for the upper flak platform and a single 37 mm for the extended wintergarden (lower platform). How ever my cat would end up chewing up the 37 mm gun half way through my kit bashing of it. He also took and chewed up on twin 20 mm mount and made another disappear. I cannot blame him as I should have known if I left the room door open he would explore.  

As I did further research and determined that the boat would be built as it would have appeared in mid to late 1943, the lower flak gun was changed to the quad mount 20 mm gun.

The remains of my flak guns after the cat incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment