Friday, May 30, 2014

Fletcher Work Continues

 While I am waiting on material to finish the dry dock scene for my Scamp model I have been plugging away at the destroyer model. This over all view shows most of the structure is assembled. 
The side of the ship where the structures were supposed to be flush with the hull have been cut off and replaced with new plastic (white) or relocated flush with the perpendicular line of the hull. I have also added detail to the stack interior (white plastic) and corrected the forward 40 mm bofors cannon tubs to match the hull line. I am scratch building the gun director and will need to do a lot of work scratch building of the 20 mm and 40 mm AA guns as the ones in the kit a rudimentary. The other major task is to replace most of the cast on and grossly out of proportion items on the mast. I think that will keep me happy enough with the detail at that point and I will call the kit work complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment