Thursday, August 14, 2014

Exciting Deliveries! New Project Started

 The U-575 has started, well actually it is way past started. The main model structure is complete, painted and weathered. You will notice that the planes, rudders and propulsion components are not installed. I am not installing them since they will not be seen once the model is in bedded in the diorama base. I will save the parts for some future project. The figures for this model are on the white sprue, I am painting them now, they are Preiser N-scale Fireman set but they look like submariners wearing their foul weather gear. The 37 mm and 20 mm gun assemblies are glued together and await painting. I need to start the diorama base now and the TBM Avenger aircraft model.
 The Chicago SSN-721 will be next on the ways, it will also be on a diorama base, wait till you see how this one will look! This sub I was onwhen I retired.
The PE (photo etched) kit from Toms Model Works arrived today! In the picture is my scratch built antennas. These will be replace with PE from this set plus much more detail on the ship. The kit provides railings, details for the 20 mm guns,40 mm guns, new depth charge racks and more. Completing the Fletcher class destroyer kit will be the priority. Still need to pick the ship..........

No comments:

Post a Comment