Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fletcher nearing completion (in items left to complete not necessarily in time)

 The man overboard life lines are now stored in the racks around the boat. Made from Black thread white glue blobs painted white to simulate the floats.
 No particular detail here, but manning the ship with scale figures needs to start. I have made some molds and need to start casting figures. I plan on also trying to build them from scratch. I will need at least 15 to 20 figures I think to bring the ship to life.
 Bow crash is complete, I need to order additional anchor chain and make all the anchor chain securing details add the jack staff and the bow of the model will be complete.
 Depth Charge racks and railings being installed.

After much anguish and frustration I completed adding all of the photo etch parts to the 20 MM Oerlikon antiaircraft cannons and mounted them on the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment